Is your cell phone giving your body unhealthy amounts of radiation? Mobile phones use electromagnetic radiation in the microwave range. Other digital wireless systems, such as data communication networks, produce similar radiation.
According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) in 2011, mobile phones were classified as Group 2B – possibly carcinogenic (not Group 2A – probably carcinogenic). That means that there “could be some risk” of carcinogenicity, so additional research into the long-term, heavy use of mobile phones needs to be conducted. However, with 1.9 billion cell phone users worldwide (208 million alone in the U.S.) using cell phones on a daily basis, answers should probably come sooner rather than later.
Although no conclusive evidence has been produced, some experts, like Dr. George Carlo, former chief scientist of the cell phone industry’s $28 million safety research project, believes we could be on the verge of a major health crisis. Specifically, he believes the world could be on the precipice of 500,000 brain and other cancer cases annually, because of the proliferation – and rising power – of cell phone technology.
Some health ailments that experts have already theoretically attributed to high cell phone usage include increased headaches, high blood pressure, earlier onset of Alzheimers and, of course, cancer. In most recent times, concern for men’s health regarding cell phones has made international headlines. A meta-analysis of ten past studies, led by researchers at University of Exeter, U.K., found a small but consistent drop in sperm quality if the men (or their, uh, samples) had been exposed to mobile phone radiation. While researchers found no link between mobile phone radiation and an actual drop in fertility rates, the finding could contribute to understanding the global — and still unexplained — drop in sperm count.
So what makes a cell phone acceptable in its radiation amount? For a phone to pass FCC certification and be sold in the United States, its maximum Specific Absorption Rate, or SAR level must be less than 1.6 watts per kilogram. CNET, a technology website, started reviewing cell phones over 10 years ago, and tracked the SAR of every handset that they reviewed.
According to the CNET article, “By publishing these lists we are in no way implying that cell phones are dangerous. Also, we are not implying that a cell phone with a lower SAR is inherently safer. Rather, we are giving you the tools to make a choice based on your own concerns.”
The SAR level listed in the CNET article represents the highest SAR level measured with the phone next to the ear, as tested by the FCC. It’s possible for the SAR level to vary among different transmission bands (the same phone can use multiple bands during a call), and different testing bodies can obtain different results.
TOP 10 PHONES WITH HIGHEST RADIATION:
1. Motorola Droid Maxx
2. Motorola Droid Ultra
3. Motorola Moto E
4. Alcatel One Touch Evolve
5. Huawei Vitria
6. Kyocera Hydro Edge
7. Kyocera Kona
8. Kyocera Hydro XTRM
9. Nokia Asha 503
10. BlackBerry Z30
10 WAYS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM PHONE RADIATION:
1. Watch how much time you spend on your cell. Try to make your calls only the most necessary ones, and when you do use it, try to follow a two minute rule of thumb. Research has shown that a short, two-minute call can alter the natural electrical activity of the brain up to one hour.
2. Text instead when you can. Obviously, don’t try this behind the wheel or any other time you need your full attention, but when a text will suffice, send one instead of dialing.
3. Swap out your high radiation cell. If your phone is on the list, make the switch. It’s worth paying an extra cost in order to preserve one of the most valuable things you have: your health.
4. Use a headset or speaker. Right now, there isn’t enough research to determine whether using a speaker or headset, rather than your phone itself, offers better protection. But one thing is known: the electromagnetic waves emitted by your phone are absorbed most often received by the temporal lobe of your brain, during normal usage (phone to your ear), and that part of your brain handles hearing, auditory processing, formation of long-term memory, speech, and vision.
5. Keep your phone away from your body and your waist during use. Again, it’s a device that emits and transmits electromagnetic waves that are absorbed by the soft tissues in your body. One study suggested that men who wear their cell phones near their waste could see their sperm count reduced by as much as one-third.
6. Delay your use. If you’re using your phone without a headset, wait for your call to connect before putting it next to your ear.
7. Avoid use in metal boxes. This sounds like funny advice, but using your phone in environments like an elevator or your car cuts signal strength and forces the phone to use more power to connect, which means it’s sending out even more radiation.
8. Try not to dial on a weak signal. If your cell signal is down to a few bars, consider waiting to use your phone. Again, it’s a power thing: less signal means more power is required for use.
9. Shield yourself from EMFs (electromagnetic fields). You can do that by purchasing a scientifically validated EMF protection device or magnet. Doing so will strengthen your bioenergy field and immune system against the harmful
– See more at: http://www.gaiamtv.com/blog/10-highest-radiation-cell-phones-and-how-protect-yourself?cid=soc%3Atwitter%3Ablog#sthash.BtNhIcfd.dpuf
effects of EMFs.
10. Support your body with proper nutrition. Think about supplementing your nutritional diet with anti-oxidants such as catalase, glutathione, and Coq10. You can also supplement with melatonin, Zinc and Gingo Biloba.