Napping is an art, especially in this loud and busy society. These 16 hacks will help you fall asleep anywhere you would like and wake up feeling refreshed.
1. If You Take Daily Naps and a Couch isn’t Available, Make a “Sleep Sheet”
2. Know How Long to Nap
3. Use a Nap Aide – Rainy Mood Works Great
Rainy Mood gives you the continuous soothing sound of rain. Rainymood.com
4. When Napping in Public, Be Sure to Secure Your Belongings To Your Body
5. Watch Your Sugar and Caffeine Intake : Look for “Hidden Sugars”
Caffeine and sugar will keep you wired throughout the day, which will make it nearly impossible to nap.
Be sure to note that sugar comes in a lot of foods you would never think about.
6. The Ostrich Pillow is the Rich Man’s Hoodie
7. Determine the Type of Nap You Want to Take
8. Use Sleepyti.me to Optimize Your Nap
You can find it at Sleepyti.me
9. Hoodies Are Amazing for Staying Warm and Keeping the Sun Out
10. Drink Coffee Before Your Nap to Wake Up More Energized
Researchers found that a cup of coffee followed by an immediate 15-minute nap is a notably more effective method of staying awake and alert for longer than either coffee or a nap alone.
11. Get a “Glo to Sleep” Mask
Not only does it reduce light, but it also helps slow brain activity.
12. Tell People You’re Napping So You’re Not Disturbed
13. Learn how to Nap Properly
14. Take a NASA Nap
The NTSB based its recommendation on a 1995 NASA study that found a “26-minute nap improved performance 34% and alertness 54%.”
15. Design Your Own “Nap Wheel”
To design your own custom nap, drag the “wake-up time” dial to the hour you woke up, say, 7 a.m. Follow the hours clockwise until you reach the point in the day when REM and slow-wave sleep cross, in this case, 2 p.m. This is a perfectly balanced state in which REM and slow-wave sleep are equally proportioned, and where “The Ultimate Nap” occurs.
16. Use the Einstein Nap Method
If you’re concerned about napping too long, use the Einstein method:
Hold a pencil while you’re drifting off, so when you fall asleep, the pencil dropping will wake you up.