Time to learn how to sew so you don’t have to buy a whole new wardrobe.Thankfully, many of these DIYs simply involve repurposing things you already own.
1. Add an elastic waistband to an old thrift store dress to make a cool new skirt.
2. Make a convertible bathing suit with ruching on the sides to accomodate a burgeoning belly.
3. Create an easy tunic with some simple but artful draping.
This looks so comfy and effortless.
4. Make your own maternity skirts from stretchy knits.
Since knit doesn’t fray, you don’t even have to hem them.
5. A plain stretchy shirt can be modified just by adding ruching on the sides.
6. Learn how to transform a pair of skinny jeans by replacing the stiff waistband with stretchy fabric.
7. Here’s a slightly different alternative, where the waist band is let out at the sides.
8. This gathered A-line skirt is totally adorable in anchor print.
9. Stretch jersey is your friend.
A stretchy jersey waistband DIY skirt is so much comfier and more forgiving than one with an elastic waistband.
Wear your stretchy pencil skirt with a knotted T-shirt, like this.
10. Go Grecian with this easy maxi dress.
11. This reversible paper bag skirt can be worn during and AFTER pregnancy.
12. Turn an old T-shirt into a maternity shirt by adding a shirred waistband.
13. Transform a men’s button-down shirt with a smocked elastic waistband.
14. Here’s a midi-length peter pan collar maternity dress that you’d be hard-pressed to find in any store.
15. Make this easy nursing shawl from an extra piece of fabric.
16. Create this wrap skirt from two yards of fabric.
17. You don’t have to forgo your summer jorts just because you’re preggers.
18. Transform a sweater into a top-buttoning cardigan.
19. Turn an old blazer into a cape jacket.
A poncho or cape is a great way to stay warm without having to worry about having a coat that will button over your belly.
20. Make a high-waisted winter T-shirt dress.
*Note that this isn’t actually a maternity dress, but could easily be adapted to be one because of the flared skirt.
21. This stretchy wrap dress will be great for nursing, as well.
22. A boxy babydoll dress is roomy and comfy.
23. Turn any bra into a maternity bra with some simple sewing.
Why pay a bunch of money for a new bra?
24. Last Resort:
Be comforted in the fact that there IS indeed a short-term solution for non-sewers.