A real goblin shark photo was posted on the internet and, let’s face it, it is not a pretty sight. The frightening photo was submitted on Reddit by user Joltthecoat and has garnered much attention.
Is the Real Goblin Shark the Scariest Shark on the Planet?
Along with the photo, Reddit user Joltthecoat also posted some interesting facts about the bizarre looking sea creature:
“Also, as for some interesting facts on the goblin shark:
- Its jaw is extendable, and it uses it to reach out and grab prey. Yeah, pretty much like Xenomorphs. Go to 0:31 in this video to see it in action on a young one. Or check out this gif of it!
- They’ve been around since the Cretaceous period, and haven’t changed hardly at all.
- They’re one of the hardest to find animals on the planet, with the juveniles being caught at most 30 times a year. The adults have very rarely been seen in the wild, as they reside in deeper waters.
- They’ve been found almost everywhere. No joke. Florida, Japan, Australia, California, Brazil, Africa, France. Nowhere’s safe apparently.
- It’s not really known how long they grow, but they’ve been found up to 6 meters in length.
- They’re in the same order of sharks as the Great white shark– that’d be Mackerel sharks, and they’re pretty closely related.
Before you get really worried though, their typical depth is around 330 meters, and they’re one of the slowest sharks on the planet. Honestly, once you get used to it, it kinda looks cute– think of the fact it lives its life with a flappy bit of skin in front of its face. I mean man, if that thing went to Shark school, it’d be bullied all the time for its weird face.”
What do you think of the odd looking animal?
REAL GOBLIN SHARK ONE OF THE MOST SCARIEST SHARKS IN THE WORLD.